Grading Scheme (Roughly):
Homework assignments will be weekly. It will be useful to start on them
early in order to reduce the amount of concentrated time you need to spend on them. You may discuss solutions to the homework problems with your
classmates, but you must write all solutions by yourself and indicate all
others with whom you have discussed solutions.
You are not allowed to search for solutions to problems on the internet or
other sources outside of those given in class, the textbook, and the course
web, or share your solutions through such means.
Both the Midterm and Final Exam will be take-home tests.
Class email list:
Please send any e-mail questions about the course to cse421-staff@cs.
We will use the Ed discussion board for this class. You will need to sign up by accepting the invitation. Use this board to discuss the content of the course. That includes everything except
the solutions to current homework or anything about current exams. Feel free to discuss any confusion over topics discussed in class. It is also acceptable to ask for clarifications about the statement of homework problems, but not about their solutions.
- Chapters 1 and 2 of Kleinberg and Tardos
- Chapter 3 of Kleinberg and Tardos
- Chapter 4 of Kleinberg and Tardos
- Chapter 5 of Kleinberg and Tardos
- Notes from Manber's Algorithms text
- Section 13.5 of Kleinberg and Tardos
- Chapter 6 of Kleinberg and Tardos
- Chapter 7 of Kleinberg and Tardos
- Chapter 8 of Kleinberg and Tardos