CSE 142B, Spring 2022: Course Staff

Instructor

profile picture of Miya Natsuhara
  • Miya Natsuhara
  • she/her
  • Instructor
  • mnats@cs
  • Support hours:
    • Wednesdays 1:00pm-3:00pm PT in CSE 204
    • Thursdays 10:00am-11:00am PT in Zoom
    • Fridays 9:30am-10:30 PT in CSE 204
  • Hi all, I'm Miya! I graduated with a BS in Computer Science and BA in Mathematics from UW and TAed for CSE 142 during much of that time. I was also a software engineer at Microsoft, recently switching to focusing on teaching to spend more time with you all! Outside of teaching, I spend lots of time with my fluffy tricolor corgi Gumball and enjoy knitting.

Teaching Assistants

profile picture of Ana Jojic
  • Hi there, I'm Ana! For starters, the puppy in the picture is not mine :( although I do have the best cat in the world. Her name is Cream, but we call her Metz, and a good chunk of my Snapchat memories is just Metz videos. Taylor Swift saved my 2020-2021 with folklore (AOTY!!!), evermore, Fearless (Taylor's Version) and most recently Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version) and I am counting down the days until Red (Taylor's Version) is out (November 12th mark your calendars). To anticipate any "it sounds the same" comments, I will point you to this tweet: https://twitter.com/alexandergold/status/1439297889126080513?s=21

profile picture of Poojitha Arangam
  • Hi, my name is Poojitha! I'm a sophomore studying Computer Science and Mathematics. I grew up in Mukilteo, WA, just outside of the Seattle area. In my free time, I love to play tennis, bake sweet treats, and go on hikes. This is my 5th quarter of being a TA! I look forward to meeting all of you! Let's have a great time this quarter in CSE 142!

profile picture of Andrew Awada
  • Hi I'm Andrew! I'm a sophomore studying to be a computer engineer. A couple hobbies I enjoy are running and chess, but I'm really spontaneous so I'm always down to try new things. I've lived in many places all around the world, so if you ask me where I'm from, I'll probably answer differently every time. Looking forward to making sure 142 is as fun as possible this quarter :)

profile picture of Muskan Bawa
  • Hi everyone, my name is Muskan Bawa and I am a junior in Computer Science major. I am from New Delhi, India. I worked as an Orientation Leader this summer, so I might know a few of you :) Outside work, I love travelling and exploring new things, especially the outdoors with my family and friends. I also love watching rom-com or thriller movies and sitcom tv series. I enjoy meeting new people and I am always here to help you all, so feel free to reach out to me :)

profile picture of Andrew Cheung
  • Hi everyone! I'm Andrew, a fourth-year majoring in CS. This is my 10th time TAing 142! At UW, I spend a pretty big chunk of my time doing research and working on making this class better! Outside of those activities, I like to draw, talk about music, and play games! Right now I'm trying to run through a catalog of media that I've been meaning to get to. Specifically, I'm listening to the new Weeknd album and playing through Metroid Prime 2!

profile picture of Noa Ferman
  • Noa Ferman
  • she/her
  • Support TA
  • noaf7@uw
  • Hi everyone, I'm super excited to be TAing CSE142 this quarter. I am currently majoring in computer science. Outside of school, I enjoy staying active, exploring Seattle, and gaming.

profile picture of Kyler Gray
  • Hi everyone! I'm Kyler and I'm going into my second year at UW studying computer engineering. I am happy to talk about anything CSE-related in or outside of this course but I also love football (go packers), hiking, snowboarding, and am trying to become a better cook. Feel free to drop by my support hours or email me any time to chat!

profile picture of Lauren Kim
  • Hi everyone, I'm Lauren! I'm a third-year studying Computer Science and this will be my sixth quarter as a TA for 142. I love cooking, traveling, cafe-hopping, and reading (let me know if you have any good cafe or historical fiction recs). Excited to meet you all this quarter!

profile picture of Andrew Kuhn
  • I lived all over the US growing up but most recently I'm from San Diego, California. I am currently studying Computer Science in the Allen School. In my free time, I make stained glass pieces, read fantasy series, and play Magic: The Gathering.

profile picture of Melody Lam
  • Melody Lam
  • she/her
  • Section BK
  • mlam3@uw
  • Hi everyone, I'm Melody! I'm a junior majoring in CS and this is my 6th quarter as a 14X TA! I spent spring break trying out new recipes and spending lots of time with my family and dog 🐕 In my free time, I love to read, play mahjong, watch reality TV, and go to comedy shows! I'm looking forward to a great spring quarter with you all :))

profile picture of Anju Lam
  • Hi, I'm Anju! I'm from Malaysia and I'm a sophomore majoring in CS & ACMS. Outside of school, I like to bake, watch anime, and hangout with friends. I also really enjoy cafe hopping so hit me up if you ever want to catch coffee together! This will be my second quarter TAing and I'm super excited to get to know all of you :)

profile picture of Aerin Malana
  • Hi all! <3 I'm a senior majoring in Computer Science with dual minors in Labor and Diversity Studies! I'm a Filipina (Ilokana) settler on unceded Duwamish and Coast Salish land (from Kent, WA). Some of my favorite things include elite gymnastics (the 2012 u.s. olympic team<3), NCT, a good espresso drink, and Pinterest boards! If there's anything that I can do to make your CSE 142 experience better, please feel free to reach out!! :D

profile picture of Kelvin Ng
  • Yo, I'm Kelvin! I'm from the Tampa Bay area (lesgo Bucs) and I'm studying CS. I like to play chess and ultimate frisbee, but I've also recently been rock climbing. This quarter, I'm a support TA so I'll more or less be behind the scene!

profile picture of Adithi Raghavan
  • Hi everyone! My name is Adithi! I'm a CS major interested in entrepreneurship and education. Outside of school, I enjoy watching F1/soccer, baking, and cat videos. I look forward to meeting you all this quarter!

profile picture of Nicolas Matthew Suhardi
  • Nicolas Matthew Suhardi
  • he/him
  • Section BJ
  • nicmatt@uw
  • Hey y'all, my name is Nicolas (you can call me Nic too). I'm a sophomore from Indonesia who previously studied Chemistry but decided to switch to CS because of my interest in CS pedagogy and web dev. I'm also curious about a lot of stuff, so HMU if you want to talk about anything! I have an unspoken bond with Indomie (best instant ramen in the world, don't @me hahaha), gigantic monitors, and RGB things. I have over 50 carnivorous plants and I'm super excited to show it to anyone who's interested!!!

profile picture of Julia Wendling
  • Julia Wendling
  • she/her
  • Section BG
  • jwendl@uw
  • Hi everyone, I'm Julia and I am so excited to be one of your TAs this Spring! I am from California, but I am a senior so I have gotten used to the Seattle weather by now. My major is computer science and my other interests include dancing, hiking with my dogs, and board games. I am looking forward to meeting you all this quarter :)

Support Hours

Support hours will be hosted by TAs via the Introductory Programming Lab (IPL).

in Mary Gates Hall 334.

The IPL is open:

• 12:30pm to 9:30pm Monday through Thursday
  • 12:30pm through 6:30pm Friday
  • 1:30pm through 3:30pm Saturday and Sunday

See the full schedule for TA shifts and more details.