upcoming seminars

From: Anna Karlin (karlin@cs.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 14:24:19 PDT

    We will have two different presentation threads over the remainder of the quarter in 590Z.

    Starting this Friday we will have a series on Approximation Algorithms for Cut Problems (hopefully culminating with a presentation of the recent breakthrough result on Sparsest Cut).

    Matt Cary will lead off this Friday with a brief overview of some of these problems and a presentation of the Garg, Vazirani and Yannakakis approximation algorithm for the minimum multicut problem.

    Interspersed with this thread, David Kempe will give 2 lectures (starting Friday, April 30) on self-assembly.