This page is devoted to providing algorithm resources to students in 589. Links
are provided when they are available. Some of the web sites have restricted
- Library Resources
University of Washington Library
- Extensive database for computer science, EE, and other science and
Restricted access. Can be accessed from a U.W. account.
ACM Digital Library
- Mathematical Reviews on the Web sponsored by the American Mathematical
Society. Restricted access. Can be accessed from a U.W. account.
- MATH Database 1931-1999 a service of the European Mathematical Society.
- Introduction to Algorithms
by T.H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, and R.L. Rivest
- The Art of Computer Programming, Vol. I, II, III
by Don Knuth
- Numerical Recipes by
William H. Press, Saul A. Teukolsky, William T. Vetterling, Brian P. Flannery.
There is an extensive code library associated with this book.
- STL Tutorial and Reference Guide: C++ Programming with the
Standard Template Library, by
David R. Musser. STL includes
many basic data structures.
- Computers and Intractability, A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness
by Michael R. Garey and David S. Johnson
- Introduction to Data Compression by Khalid Sayood
- Computational Geometry, Algorithms and Applications by
M. De Berg, M. Van Kreveld, m. Overmars, and O. Schwarzkopf
- Computational Optimization: Algorithms and Complexity by Christos H.
Papadimitriou and Kenneth Steiglitz
- Simulated annealing : theory and applications by P.J.M. van Laarhoven and E.H.L. Aarts
- Evolutionary algorithms in theory and practice : evolution strategies, evolutionary programming, genetic algorithms by Thomas Black
- Genetic algorithms + data structures = evolution programs by Zbigniew Michalewicz
- Conference Series on Algorithms
- ACM-SIAM Symposia on Discrete Algorithms (SODA) sponsored by
ACM and SIAM
- ACM Symposia on Theory of Computation (STOC) sponsored by
- IEEE Symposia on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS) sponsored by
IEEE Computer Society
- International Colloquia on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP)
sponsored by European Association for Theoretical Computer Science,
- Workshops on Algorithm Engineering (WAE) The next conference is
- Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures,
- Scandinavian Workshop on Algorithm Theory,
- Major Software Resources
- Other Interesting Algorithmic Sites