Status (5/21/2001)

(5/21/2001)

First of all, let me apologize for the lateness of this update. Friday, when I would have been writing this, I was actually working of the VGA component of the system. Besides, this page would have been woefully out of date if I hadn't waited!

Over the weekend we worked on the project over 60 hours altogether. The VGA system is up and running, both sonar arrays are built and functioning, the accelerometer is plugged in, the onboard communication system is working, the Virtual Wireless Radio Kit has been tested in the system and appears to be working and the camera is successfully mounted on the vehicle. We are now in the debugging stage, although for the next few days we will be working on our presentation and other homework.

We still have a small number of things left to do;

First of all, we are having some problems with the system giving us inaccurate data, especially the accelerometers. We are trying to track the problem down and fix it. 

Second, although the autonomous controller has been tested, it hasn't been integrated into the system and tested there. Part of the reason is that we are busy tracking down other errors that have to be taken care of before we can do testing with the autonomous controller, including those with the accelerometer. 

Third, although we have built the mountings for everything (out of legos), we still have to put them on the tank. Mounting will have to happen before we test the autonomous controller so we can test it in the environment it will be working in most of the time. 

Proposal Design Packages & Presentations Resources Status Contacts

Back to Main Page