Links to various software packages related to the class
Applets for specific topics
- Eye demo,
one of the many applets available from the
Physlets resource site.
- Applets from Brown University. Great interactive tools for exploring many of the concepts in graphics and image processing.
- Applets from the Computer Science Teaching Center (CSTC). Applets for Bezier curves, 2D-transforms, 3D viewing, and Lighting.
- Snell's law from
The Northwestern Virtual Physics Lab from
Department of Physics and Astronomy at Northwestern University.
General purpose software
- Snoop, a
utility program that zooms in on a small section of the display window.
Written by Yung-Yu Chuang, CSE, University of Washington, based on the
Microsoft ZoomIn utility.
- Graphing Calculator from Pacific Tech. Visualize all sorts of mathematical functions
and operations. An early version comes standard on the Macintosh, more capable versions are available for
both Mac and Windows.
- Scanalyze from Stanford. Scanalyze is
an interactive computer graphics application for viewing, editing, aligning, and merging range
images to produce dense polygon meshes. Based in part on code developed by Professor Curless.
- IrfanView is a very nice image viewer for Windows that supports
numerous image formats.