Scanning on the Macintosh (bartleby)
- In the Go menu, select "Applications"
- In the Applications folder, navigate to the "Adobe Photoshop 7" folder and open the "Adobe Photoshop 7.0" file.
- In Photoshop, go to File > Import > EPSON Perfection 1200.
- The scanner will start scanning in Full Auto Mode. Immediately click Pause to stop the scanning.
- Switch from Full Auto Mode to Professional Mode, then click Scan.
- You'll want to change the scan resolution to something fairly large so that your boards won't have to be enlarged in Photoshop (which decreases image quality). A resolution of 300 dpi should be good. All other settings should be set as shown above. Click the Preview button.
- In the Preview window, select the region you want to scan and click the Scan button. The scanned image will be brought into Photoshop.
- Select the Marquee tool (darkened above) in the Toolbar.
- Select the region of the image you want to rotate. Then go to Edit > Transform > Rotate.
- Drag on the corner controls to rotate the image. Hit Enter when done.
- Select the Crop tool (darkened above) in the Toolbar.
- Select the region of the image that you want to keep. Hit Enter to crop the rest.
- NOTE: After saving out the cropped panel, you can go back in History to undo the crop command, restoring the cropped areas and allowing you to crop and save the next panel. To do this, go to the History window and select the line right ABOVE the last Crop command.
- Go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast.
- Drag the sliders to adjust the brightness and contrast.
- Before saving your storyboard to a file, you'll want to resize it to a fixed width and height, so that all panels are consistent in size. Go to Image > Image Size.
- In the Image Size window, FIRST uncheck Constrain Proportions. SECOND, change the resolution to 72 pixels/inch. THIRD, change the Pixel Dimensions width and height (at the top) to 640 by 480. The Document Size width and height values will automatically change accordingly, and may not match the values shown above. Click OK to accept the changes.
- Be sure to follow the instructions above for Resizing before you save your storyboard panels. When you're ready, go to File > Save As.
- Change the format to JPEG, give the file a name, and change the destination folder to the shared network space. See connecting to the network space for help on that.
- Change the quality to maximum and click OK to save.