CSE 312: Foundations of Computing II, Spring 2021

Course Staff/Office Hours

In addition to the staff contact information, this page contains the most up-to-date listing of staff office hours. Office hours are subject to change, but we'll try to keep this page accurate at least a week into the future.

We are adding Office Hours in Week 1, and those that have been scheduled appear on the Zoom tab. You can put yourself on the queue for office hours here Once the schedule settles, this paragraph will be replaced with an actual table.

If you have a general question that other students could potentially benefit from, please post on Ed. You can also set your questions to private or anonymous.

For logistical questions (such as extenuating circumstances and DRS accomodations), we ask that you post privately on Ed so the whole staff can help. Of course, do not hesitate to email Robbie directly if you would feel more comfortable doing so.

For email addresses below, @cs = @cs.washington.edu and @uw = @uw.edu.

• Robbie Weber (he/him)
  • rtweber2@cs
  • Instructor, Lectures A and B

• When I’m not teaching or playing intramural softball, I use the tools of theoretical computer science to research problems I care about — ask me about the real probability of picking a perfect March Madness bracket.
  • Timothy Akintilo (he/him)
  • akintilo@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Section BB

• Joseph Azizeh (he/him)
  • josephaz@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Section AB

• Hi there! My name is Joseph, a senior studying Computer Science. I spend most of my time training for rowing, and I really enjoy cooking. I know how to make incredibly crispy french fries; you should ask me for the recipe.

★★★★☆ "Great french fry recipe. Too many rowing jokes." ~ Unknown
  • Harrison Bay (he/him)
  • hcybay@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Section BA

• I like to cook and eat good food. Over spring break, I made a lot of miso soup and pasta--my favorite is amatriciana.

• Anna Goncharenko (she/her)
  • angonch@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Sections AD and BD

• Hi! My name is Anna and I am a junior majoring in computer science. I am so excited to TA 312 this quarter! In my free time I enjoy crocheting, running, and weight lifting. Please reach out if you need anything!

• Kushal Jhunjhunwalla (he/him)
  • kushaljh@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Section BC

• Hi there! I am a BS/MS student in the Allen School doing research with the Distributed Systems lab in the Allen School and the Madison Security & Privacy Lab at UW-Madison. I absolutely love 312 and this will be my fifth TAing gig for this class!

I love Swing dancing and would go for socials every week pre-pandemic. I also enjoy cooking and am always on the lookout for great TV shows so feel free to come to my OH and chat about food, TV or anything else! :)

• Aleks Jovcic (he/him)
  • ajovcic@uw
  • Teaching Assistant, Section AE

• Hi everyone, I'm Aleks, and I'm very excited to be one of your 312 TAs this quarter! I'm a junior in the Allen School and I have a huge passion for equitable CS education. Beyond that, I also love tabletop roleplaying games, music, and filmmaking! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

• Melissa Lin (she/her)
  • mlin23@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Section BB

• Hi, I'm Melissa! I'm a sophomore in CS from Redmond, Washington. This is my first time TA'ing CSE 312 but I've TA'ed for 311 and 373 in the past and I'm super excited. In my free time, I enjoy crocheting, reading, playing basketball and tennis, and watching shows. Feel free to reach out if you have questions or just wanna chat :)

• Jerome Paliakkara (he/him)
  • jeromp@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Section BA

• Hi, I'm Jerome, a senior and 5th year master's student. I've been a TA for CSE 312 once before, and it's probably my favorite theoretical CS course. I enjoy dank memes, hiking and listening to punk/hip-hop. I'm also mildly obsessed with playing cards and magic, so ask me about it :)

• Alicia Stepin (she/her)
  • astepin@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Section AC

• Hello everyone! I'm a sophomore studying CS and Math and I'm super excited to TA CSE 312. I've previously TA'ed CSE 311, so some of y'all might recognize me. I like baking, painting, and table tennis (though I’m not very good). Come to my office hours to meet my cats!

• Alice Wang (she/her)
  • alicew3@cs
  • Teaching Assistant, Section AC

• Hello! I am a sophomore studying CS and am excited to be a TA for CSE 312 this quarter. I enjoy drawing, pin-collecting, and watching anime. Feel free to stop by in office hours to ask me anything!

• Howard Xiao (they/them)
  • thx@cs

• Hello! I'm a junior in CS + DXARTS and a first time CSE 312 TA. I've lived in California, Maryland and southern China but I'm somewhat determined to stay in the Northwest. My pandemic interests are Seattle's Thai restaurants, protected bike lanes, typography, indie pop, accessible web design and watercolor painting.