CSE 142, Summer 2022: Course Staff

Instructor

profile picture of Ana Jojic
  • Support hours:
    • Monday 1:00-2:00pm CSE1 216
    • Friday 2:00pm-4:00pm Zoom (link on Ed)
  • Hey everyone, I'm Ana! For starters, the dog in the picture is not mine, although I do have the best cat in the world named Cream (we call her Metz). I graduated with a BS in Computer Science and minor in Mathematics from UW, while TAing for CSE142 and doing research in biocomputing and image processing. I'm excited to teach the course I've enjoyed TAing all these years and give you all an introduction to the world of code. Also, I love music and all things performing arts-related, so if you have any recommendations, let me know :)

Teaching Assistants

profile picture of Ray He
  • Support hours:
    • Sat 2:00pm - 6:00pm
  • This is my 15th quarter TAing CSE142 and I'm really excited to be working with yall for the last ever offering of 142! You cannot overstate how much I love this course, so while yall might not see me in section or IPL much, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have! Outside of my TAing duties, I like to bike, build computer servers, and teach maths and sciences.

profile picture of Jacob Berg
  • Hello, I'm Jacob! I grew up in Seattle and am studying Computer Science with a particular interest in robotics. In my spare time I enjoy playing hockey, walking my dog, and playing board games with friends. Looking forward to meeting you all this quarter!

profile picture of Vidhi Jain
  • Hello, my name is Vidhi Jain! I was born in Rajasthan, India, and moved to Seattle in 2012. I love the rainy/cold weather of Seattle. Currently, I am a sophomore pursuing a B.A. in Computer Science. In particular, I am very interested in exploring Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. This is my first quarter TAing for CSE 142. Outside of college, I enjoy watching new TV shows, spending time with my family/friends, and exploring new food places.

profile picture of Andrew Awada
  • Hi I'm Andrew! I'm a sophomore studying to be a computer engineer. A couple hobbies I enjoy are running and chess, but I'm really spontaneous so I'm always down to try new things. I've lived in many places all around the world, so if you ask me where I'm from, I'll probably answer differently every time. Looking forward to making sure 142 is as fun as possible this quarter :)

profile picture of Aerin Malana
  • Aerin Malana
  • she/they
  • Section AD/AE
  • aerinm@uw
  • hi all <3 i'm an ilokana settler on unceded Duwamish land and also a recent graduate of uw! i graduated with a major in cs and minors in diversity in labor studies. this is my eighth (and final )': ) time TAing cse142! in the long haul i hope to become a cs teacher in high school and i am a passionate viewer of ncaa and elite womens gymnastics. always feel free to say hi and to chat w me about anything ! <3

profile picture of Omar Ibrahim
  • Omar Ibrahim
  • he/they
  • Section AF/AI
  • oibra@uw
  • hi everyone, i'm omar, i'm a master's student studying cs and researching cs pedagogy and educartional tools at uw. i'm a musician and love music, cooking, and lots of other stuff. i'm excited to get to know and work with y'all this quarter!

profile picture of Mitchell Massie
  • Mitchell Massie
  • they/them
  • Section AG
  • belief@uw
  • Hi everyone! Looking forward to a great summer with y'all this quarter. We are collectively saying goodbye to CSE142, so lets make it the best we possibly can! Other than being a TA, you can find me training at the track or in the gym, dancing on a weekly basis, hiking in the mountains, or at home grinding out coding interview prep and projects!

profile picture of Nicolas Matthew Suhardi
  • Nicolas Matthew Suhardi
  • he/him
  • Support TA
  • nicmatt@uw
  • Support hours:
    • Fri 4:00pm - 6:00pm
  • Hey y'all, my name is Nic and this is my 6th quarter TAing for CSE 142. I'm a sophomore in CS with interests in CS pedagogy and Web Dev. I'll be helping out with the behind-the-scenes logistics this quarter. Some of my favorite things: indomie, carnivorous plants, my new Nuphy Air75 (gateron red) keyboard, and my pet robot (living AI). I'm very excited to meet you all and talk about fun things!

profile picture of Poojitha Arangam
  • Support hours:
    • Thu 6:30pm - 8:30pm
  • Hi, my name is Poojitha! I'm a sophomore studying Computer Science and Mathematics. I grew up in Mukilteo, WA, just outside of the Seattle area. In my free time, I love to play tennis, bake sweet treats, and go on hikes. This is my 5th quarter of being a TA! I look forward to meeting all of you! Let's have a great time this quarter in CSE 142!

Support Hours

In-person support hours will be hosted by TAs via the Introductory Programming Lab (IPL). in Mary Gates Hall 334.

The IPL is open:

• 12:00pm to 2:00pm Monday
  • 12:00pm to 2:00pm and 3:00pm through 5:00pm Tuesday
  • 12:00pm through 4:00pm Wednesday
  • 12:00pm through 5:00pm Thursday
  • 12:00pm through 2:00pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

See the full schedule for TA shifts and more details.

Zoom Support Hours will be hosted:

• 6:00pm through 8:00pm Thursdays -- Poojitha (link on Ed)
  • 2:00pm through 4:00pm Fridays -- Ana (link on Ed)
  • 4:00pm through 6:00pm Fridays -- Nic Review Session and Office Hours (link on Ed).
  • 2:00pm through 6:00pm Saturdays -- Ray (link on Ed)