Fuzzy Project Ideas
- Build an application using the web as
a parallel or distributed computer.
- Build an interesting application for (or an interesting
modification of) an OS for portable computing, e.g.,
the Palm Pilot OS, Windows/CE, something else I can't
think of right now.
- Build an interesting web-based Java applet
(but you'll have to convince me that it's
- Add some interesting feature to Java, e.g.,
remote call-by-reference for objects or object mobility.
- Implement a simple thread system.
- Take an existing thread system and extend
it in an interesting way.
- Build some kind of clustering support: process
or object mobility, remote paging, remote file access.
- Build a simple distributed VM system.
- Build a simple transaction facility.
- Add an intersting new feature to an existing
- Design a more general object mechanism for
an existing OS.
- Do a new performance evaluation of some kind
of system activity: network, web, file access, etc.
- Build a more secure version of some OS feature.