CSEP 546 - Data Mining - Spring 2003 - Project 1:

Clickstream Mining Data Sets

The data from KDD Cup 2000 is proprietary data provided by Blue Martini Software, Inc. In order to gain access to the data sets you need to send Parag (parag@cs.washington.edu) an email with the following form filled out. The form basically says that you will only use the data for educational purposes related to the class, and that you will not distribute the data to anyone. Please use the exact subject "CSEP546: Data Set Access Request". He will then respond with a URL that you can use to download the data. (Here is an easily downloadable plain text version.)

By downloading or making any use of the KDD CUP 2000 data ("Cup Data") I agree as follows: 

The Cup Data is proprietary and confidential information to Blue Martini Software, Inc. ("Blue Martini"). 
I agree that I will hold the data in strict confidence and not use or disclose it other than as set forth 
below. 

I acknowledge that my use of the Cup Data is subject to the terms and conditions that follow: 

1. Any use of the Cup Data must be for non-commercial educational or research purposes. 
   2. Any work utilizing the Cup Data must clearly acknowledge Blue Martini in the 
      acknowledgment section or as a reference.  The recommended reference is: 
      Ron Kohavi and Carla Brodley (2000), Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Cup. 
      Data for the Cup was provided by Blue Martini Software and
      Gazelle.com. http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/KDDCUP/ 
   3. Any use or work utilizing the Cup Data which contains specific discussion or analysis 
      of Blue Martini's system, data collection, schema or related topics must be pre-approved 
      by Blue Martini prior to publication or submission for publication. 
   4. Any use of the CUP Data that includes analysis of Gazelle's business model or financials 
      must be approved by Blue Martini prior to publication or submission for publication. 
   5. The first submission and final text of any written work utilizing the Cup Data must be sent 
      to Blue Martini along with the date and title of the publication where such work will appear. 
      E-mail copies are preferred and should be sent to kddcup2000@bluemartini.com. 
         The address for mail correspondence is 
         KDD Cup 2000 c/o Ronny Kohavi 
         Blue Martini Software, Inc. 
         2600 Campus Drive 
         San Mateo California, 94403.

I acknowledge that all information is provided to me "AS IS" and I agree to indemnify Blue Martini for any 
and all damages that result from any breach of this agreement. 

Finally, I grant to Blue Martini the right to summarize and publish the results derived from my work and any 
associated publications.  

This agreement and its terms shall continue in perpetuity and be construed and interpreted in accordance with 
the laws of the State of California without reference to conflict of laws principles. 

Information Form
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply with the following information to agree to the above legal agreement. 

E-mail: 
Name: 
Company / University: 
Phone:
Address: