CSEP 510, Homework 2, Due Thursday, Jan 22, 2004, 6 pm
Due Thursday, Jan 22, 6 pm Submit by email to email@example.com with the subject line [CSEP HW2].
- Design the button layout for a tablet pc, The tablet pc that you design is targetted towards users who will be using
the machine without a keyboard. The primary applications will be note taking, document reading and annotation, and
- Pictures of five different tablets and button configurations are on the course slides, which are available for
- Construct a paper or cardboard prototype of your tablet.
- Identify some key scenarios (such as turning the tablet on, or reading a document) where the buttons would be used.
Have a user walk through these scenarios. The user will indicate actions on the prototype, and you will tell the user
what happens. Pass the tablet back and forth with the user to attempt to identify any problems with button placement when
the tablet is exchanged between people.
What to turn in
Answer the following questions. Submit the answers to the questions, along with an electronic version of your prototype
(e.g., digital photo, jpg, url).
- How much experience have you had with the tablet pc (this will give us some context to evaluate your other answers).
- Give a description of your button layout. Provide justifcation for your choice of buttons, placement of buttons, and
types of buttons.
- Give a summary of the user test. Would you make any design changes based on the user test?