Tichy’s main impediment
Walter Tichy has claimed that the major impediment is the lack of “experiments” in CS research
- “Should Computer Scientists Experiment More? 16 Excuses to Avoid Experimentation.” IEEE Computer 31(5), May 1998.
I have lots of reactions, including
- I don’t think industry, as a rule, finds this to be a (the) major impediment
- We do experimentation, in a different style
- Evaluation is difficult in software engineering, so we must be creative
- This is an example of science envy