RE: Visit day presentation

From: Gidon Shavit (gidon@cs.washington.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 16:01:04 PST

  • Next message: Kelli McGee \(Kelly Services Inc\): "3/23/2004 From Deep Holes to Free Planes; Chuanming Zhong - Western Washington University and University of Beijing"

    The group presentation is going to be in CSE 303. I know it's not
    perfect, but we couldn't get anything better (305 doesn't have laptop
    access, and Gates is taken). We'll be fine.

    I still need volunteers for the technical presentations. I'm guessing
    we'll need 3-4 people with ~10 minute presentations. Hopefully, we can get
    one each of CB, theory, and data compression. If I don't get volunteers by
    tonight, I'll start harassing people!

    I also think that after the faculty do their thing, we can spend have one
    person describe the theory-night group and what it's about, in the same
    spirit - non-technical and "inspirational". I can do this if necessary.

    Gidon.