1/26/2004 Couplings of uniform Spanning Forests; Lewis Bowen - University of California at Davis

From: Rosa Teorell (rosat@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 14:17:33 PST

  • Next message: Rosa Teorell: "1/13/2004 The Ising model on trees: Boundary conditions and mixing time joint work with Martinelli & Sinclair; Dror Weitz  -   University of California, Berkeley"

    You are invited to attend...

    *****************************

    WHO: Lewis Bowen

    AFFILIATION: University of California at Davis

    TITLE: Couplings of uniform Spanning Forests

    WHEN: Mon 1/26/2004

    WHERE: 113/1159 Research Lecture Room, Microsoft Research

    TIME: 10:30AM - 12:00PM

    HOST: Jennifer Chayes

    ******************************

    ABSTRACT:

    We prove the existence of an automorphism-invariant coupling for the
    wired and the free uniform spanning forests on connected graphs with
    residually amenable automorphism groups.

    BIO:

    Lewis Bowen obtained a PhD in May 2002 at the University of Texas in
    Austin. My thesis advisor was Charles Radin. My thesis was on a
    probabilistic model of sphere packings in hyperbolic space and a proof
    of the completely saturated conjecture. I have held a VIGRE postdoctoral
    position at the University of California at Davis since July 2002.