CSE590W: Accessibility Research Seminar
Time and Place
- Spring 2020
- Wednesday, 10-10:50 PST
- Google Hangouts Meet (email Annie for link)
Who can attend? Students at any level who are excited about academic research about accessibility Those who can't register directly for the course should reach out to Annie.
All students should make sure the try to run discussion in as accessible a fashion as possible. This Paper and Video are good guides for that. We are also open to feedback on running accessible virtual meetings.
- April 8, 2020 Richard L. Why is Data on Disability so Hard to Collect and Understand?
- April 15 Steven Goodman. Evaluating Smartwatch-based Sound Feedback for Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Users Across Contexts.
- April 22 Small Group Discussions
- May 6 Jennifer Mankoff. the impact of COVID19 on people with disablities
- May 13 Dhruv Jain. Autoethnography of a Hard of Hearing Traveler.
- May 20 Momona
- May 27 Emma + Discussion/Summer Planning
- June 3 Venketesh