Mailing list If you are attending the seminar, please sign up for the mailing list.
The seminar meets Wednesdays, 3:30-4:20 pm.
The seminar will meet in CSE 503.
The course organizer is Richard Anderson (Anderson@cs).
The seminar will look at current work in ICTD by having participants
present recent research results. In addition, there will be several
outside speakers. The papers will be drawn primarily from the ICTD 2007.
The following papers look like the most appropriate ones to cover in
- Elizabeth Basha, Design of Early Warning Flood Detection System
for Developing Countries [Sensor Networks]
- Karel Matthee, Bringing Internet to Rural
- Revi Sterling, Advancement through Interactive Radio [Community
- Rajesh Veeraraghavan, Warana Unwired, Replacing PCs with Mobile
Phones [Cell phones]
- J. Sherwani, Health Line: Speech-based Access to Health
Information [Speech UI]
- Indrani Medhi, Full-contex Videos for First-time, Non-Literate PC
- Pat Hall, Why Don't People Use Nepali
- Joyojeet Pal, "My Child Will Be Respected": Parental Perspectives
on Computers in rural India [Computers in Education]
- Tapan Parikh, A Survey of Information
Systems Reaching Small Producers in Global Agricultural Value Chains [Agriculture, Survey]