CSE590A: Current Research in Artificial Intelligence
Crowd- and Community-Sourcing
For Autumn 2012 we meet jointly with 590H on Tues 2:30 in MEB 242.
- October 2 - Lydia Chilton Quals Talk "Cascade: Crowdsourcing taxonomy
- October 9 - Kittur et al CrowdWeaver:
Visually Managing Complex Crowd Work (Lauren Milne presenting)
- October 16 - Chris Lin Quals Talk
- October 23 - No class at 2:30 - instead see Panos' Colloquim at
- October 30 - Kamar et al.Combining
human & machine intelligence in large-scale crowd sourcing
(Jonathan Bragg presenting)
- November 6 - Canceled
- November 13 - Alan Borning and Luke Zettlemoyer, "Fostering civic
engagement and deliberation using mixed-initiative systems"
sourcing with automated techniques including NLP). Reading:
T. Kriplean, J. Morgan, D. Freelon, A. Borning, and L. Bennett,
Supporting Reflective Public Thought with ConsiderIt,
Also please check out the
Living Voters Guide for
the 2012 election.
- November 20 - Haoqi Zhang, Edith Law, Rob Miller, Krzysztof Gajos,
David Parkes, Eric Horvitz, Human computation tasks with global constraints,
CHI 2012 (Daniel Epstein presenting)
- November 27 - Steven Dow, Anand Kulkarni, Scott Klemmer,
and Björn Hartmann,
Shepherding the crowd yields better work, CSCW 2012
(Catie Baker presenting)
- December 4 - Joe Heitzberg "The MediaPiston Experience"