CSE 576 Project 2

small panorama

Click to see the full size image, or view it as a panorama!

For the images linked to on this page I used the SIFT features. My feature matcher was able to stitch successfully, but consistently created images that were blurrier. The blending was done with a basic feathering with full weight given to the center of an image and zero weight (.000001) given to the edges (ie blend width 240). I ended up giving no weight to all pixels that were exactly black (all pixels equal to 0.0) as otherwise I had problems with the black areas around the edges that are created during spherical warping.

Golden Gardens

The second panorama we attempted was on the waterfront. Unfortunately neither SIFT nor my feature matching algorithm were able to stitch all images successfully, so here I simply present the largest portion that worked. Unsurprisingly, it was the direction that was composed of mostly water and sky that did not align well. It is interesting to point out that the people on the right hand side of the image overlap three images! Luckly the girl in the yellow sweatshirt didn't move much and the other two were far enough away from the edge of an image that the ghosting is minimal.

small panorama

Test image set and panorama