CSE 551 Project Schedule, Spring 2007
- Thursday April 5: have formed your 2-person teams by
now, and email us to tell us who is on your team.
- Thursday April 12: 2-page proposal due; tell us what
problem(s) you want to solve and how you think you will solve
them, what problems you don't consider to be part of the
project (i.e., non-goals), and any resources you need that you
don't already have.
- Week of April 16: feedback on proposal returned to you
- Friday April 20: 2-3 page literature search for related
work due; this should include both a written component
comparing your project to related work, as well as a
- Friday May 11: 5-page midterm status report due; this
should describe what you have done, what you have left to do,
roadblocks you've encountered, interesting or unexpected
questions or issues that uncovered, etc.
- Week of May 14: feedback on status report returned to you
- Sunday June 3, 5pm: Your final project report is due.
The final report must be a full-length (10-14 page)
conference-style paper discussing your project. You should
model your paper on some of the good papers we've read this
quarter; SOSP papers are typically of very high quality.
A useful resource for you is Armando Fox's Hints for
Technical Paper Writing.
- Week of June 4th: project demos. Precise schedule
TBD, but all groups should be prepared on Monday.