CSE 551 Project Schedule, Spring 2004
- Friday April 9: have formed your 2-person teams by
now, and email us to tell us who is on your team.
- Friday April 16: 2-page proposal due;
tell us what problem(s) you want
to solve and how you think you will solve them, what problems
you don't consider to be part of the project (i.e., non-goals),
and any resources you need that you don't already have.
- Week of April 19: feedback on proposal returned to you
- Friday April 23: 2-3 page literature search for related work due;
this should include both a written component comparing your
project to related work, as well as a bibliography
- Friday May 14: 5-page midterm status report due; this should describe
what you have done, what you have left to do, roadblocks you've
encountered, interesting or unexpected questions or issues that
- Week of May 17: feedback on status report returned to you
- Sunday June 6, 5pm: Your final project report is due.
The final report must be a full-length (10-14 page)
conference-style paper discussing your project. You should
model your paper on some of the good papers we've read this
quarter; SOSP papers are typically of very high quality.
A useful resource for you is Armando Fox's Hints for
Technical Paper Writing.
- Week of June 7th: project demos. Precise schedule
TBD, but all groups should be prepared on Monday.