Rough project schedule for 551 (might still change)
- April 16: 2-page proposal due; tell me what problem(s) you want
to solve and how you think you will solve them, what problems
you don't consider to be part of the project (i.e., non-goals),
and any resources you need that you don't already have.
- April 18: my feedback on proposal returned to you
- April 23: 2-3 page literature search for related work due;
this should include both a written component comparing your
project to related work, as well as a bibliography
- May 16: 5-page midterm status report due; this should tell me
what you have done, what you have left to do, roadblocks you've
encountered, interesting or unexpected questions or issues that
- Week of June 10th: project demos and final report due. The
final report must be a full-length (10-14 page)
conference-style paper discussing your project. You should
model your paper on some of the good papers we've read this
quarter; SOSP papers are typically of very high quality.
A useful resource for you is Armando Fox's Hints for
Technical Paper Writing.