Homework #1: The Poisson Model and the Spike-Triggered Average
Due Date: Sunday, April 21, 2013 (midnight)
Create a Zip file called "528-hw1-lastname-firstname" containing the following:
(1) Document containing your answers to any questions asked in each exercise,
as well as any figures, plots, or graphs supporting your answers,
(2) Your Matlab (or Octave) program files,
(3) Any other supporting material needed to understand/run your solutions in Matlab/Octave.
Upload your Zip file to this dropbox.
Upload your file by 11:59pm Friday, April 19, 2013.
Late submission policy is here.
This homework is based on the list of exercises for Chapter 1 in the Dayan and Abbott book that can
be downloaded from: http://www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk/~dayan/book/exercises.html
Download the exercises for Chapter 1 from the link above and solve the two problems below using Matlab (or Octave).
1. (50 points) Exercise #1 in Chapter 1 (Read page 30 of the text for ideas)
2. (50 points) Exercise #8 in Chapter 1 (Meet the eminent H1 neuron in the fly!)