Source Code

Here is some support software for the travelling tourist project. The code provides I/O routines for reading and writing the various files which are needed. There is a routine for finding tours - although you will want to implement something that is much better.

The code is in the directory /cse/courses/cse521 (only accessible from UW CSE hosts). You can get a copy of the code by clicking here. It is a compressed tar file, so store it in tourist.tar.Z, uncompress it, and then: "tar xf tourist.tar" gives you the directory. You will need to run make in the source directory to get the promised programs.

The code is also available via anonymous ftp from cs.washington.edu. It is in the directory homes/anderson.

This is C++ code, which compiles with g++ version 2.6.3. A primitive set of X11 graphics routines are also provided. The graphics can be turned off by setting a the variable display_on to false.

Disclaimers

You are welcome to use and modify this code. If there is anything seriously wrong with it you might let me know, but I have no particular plans to maintain this version.