Group meetings on TBD
CSE 481K is the second quarter in a two-quarter-long design and implementation sequence held jointly between CSE and HCDE. In winter, CSE490D students formed interdisciplinary project groups with students from HCDE496/596 to scope and design projects for resource-constrained environments. This quarter students are implementing and evaluating many of those project concepts. The emphasis is on group work leading to the creation of testable realizations and completion of initial evaluations of the software and hardware artifacts produced. Students work in inter-disciplinary groups with a faculty or graduate student manager as well as an external “customer”, usually a local NGO or faculty from other departments. Groups will document their work in the form of posters, verbal presentations, videos, and written reports.
Previous editions of the course are available here.
Discussion board: https://catalyst.uw.edu/gopost/board/gaetano/32749/
Calendar (including links to everything you will need to know about)
(to instructors and/or TA)
Last quarter’s project exploration/definition course: CSE490D
Project Responsibilities and Requirements (templates and/or instructions will be provided for each of these):
1. Presentations: mid-quarter and final, each 10 minutes long
2. Report: an 8-10 pager in the style of a workshop submission (problem statement, related work, implementation decisions/tradeoffs, results, discussion)
3. Poster: a large 3x4 poster to be displayed at a public poster session during finals week
4. Web: derived from above material, only a few pages
5. Demonstration and Video: a video of a working prototype highlighting the principal features of the project (3-5 minutes)