- Tuesday, Jan 23, Project vision - rough specification, storyboard UI
- Thursday, Feb 8, Early prototype - proof of concept prototype - address core technical challenges
- Thursday, Feb 22, Alpha version - most functionality present - plan for completion.
- Friday, March 9, Release version. Due at 6pm.
- Monday, Mar 12, 10:30 - 12:20 Final Project Demos
Lecture schedule (topics are going to change based on availability of guest lecturers, class will not meet on some days later in the quarter to allow more time for project groups to work together.)
- Thu Jan 4 - Intro to course, description of projects.
- Tues Jan 9 - Announcements of project groups. Pen computing,
- Thu Jan 11 Programming on the Tablet PC, HW1 Due
- Tues Jan 16 - Programming on the Tablet PC,
- Thu Jan 18 - HW2 Due
- Tues Jan 23 - Class Presentations (Project Vision)
- Thu Jan 25 - HCI and Pen Computing, HW3 Due
- Tues Jan 30 -
- Thu Feb 1 - HW4 Due
- Tues Feb 6 -
- Thu Feb 8 - Class Presentation (Early prototype)
- Tues Feb 13 -
- Thu Feb 15 -
- Tues Feb 20 -
- Thu Feb 22 - Class Presentation (Alpha Presntation)
- Tues Feb 27 -
- Thu Mar 1 -
- Tues Mar 6 -
- Thu Mar 8 - Summary lecture
- Pen based computing - overview of the tablet, pen computing.
- Windows Programming / C# - not covered in lecture.
- Software Engineering - one lecture on teams, group work, and software disasters
- Tablet SDK - multiple lectures - probably three or four. Basic Ink Manipulation, Recognition, Real
- Topics in pen based computing - not at the programming level
- Stylus UI
- Collaborative Applications
- Computation Geometry
- Recognition Technology