Lecture schedule (topics are going to change based on availability of guest lecturers, class will not meet on some days later in the quarter to allow more time for project groups to work together.)
- Tues Jan 3 - Intro to course, description of projects.
- Thu Jan 5 - Announcements of project groups. Pen computing
- Tues Jan 10 - Programming on the Tablet PC, HW1 Due
- Thu Jan 12 - VSTS
- Tues Jan 17 - Programming on the Tablet PC, HW2 Due
- Thu Jan 19 - Agile software development
- Tues Jan 24 - Programming on the Tablet PC, HW3 Due
- Thu Jan 26 - HCI and Pen Computing
- Tues Jan 21 - HW4 Due
- Thu Feb 2 - Early prototypes, Class presentations
- Tues Feb 7 - Topic lecture
- Thu Feb 9 - group work
- Tues Feb 14 - Topic lecture
- Thu Feb 16 - group work
- Tues Feb 21 - Topic lecture
- Thu Feb 23 - Alpha versions, Class presentations
- Tues Feb 28 - Topic lecture
- Thu Mar 2 - group work
- Tues Mar 7 - Topic lecture
- Thu Mar 9 - Summary lecture
- Thursday, Jan 19, Project vision - rough specification, storyboard UI
- Thursday, Feb 2, Early prototype - proof of concept prototype - address core technical challenges
- Thursday, Feb 23, Alpha version - most functionality present - plan for completion.
- Friday, March 10, Release version. Due at 6pm.
- Wednesday, Mar 15, 10:30 - 12:20 Final Project Demos
- Pen based computing - overview of the tablet, pen computing.
- Windows Programming / C# - not covered in lecture.
- Software Engineerign - one lecture on teams, group work, and software disasters
- Tablet SDK - multiple lectures - probably three or four. Basic Ink Manipulation, Recognition, Real
- Topics in pen based computing - not at the programming level
- Stylus UI
- Collaborative Applications
- Computation Geometry
- Recognition Technology