CSE477 Policies

Collaboration

This course is by its very nature highly collaborative. You will draw on each others' expertise to help solve the problems you will encounter in developing your project from concept to prototype. This is also a great opportunity to learn from each other and appreciate how multiple points of view can bring everyone deeper insights into the problem.

That said, collaboration is not an excuse for letting others do the work without your involvement. Your task is to understand ALL aspects of your project whether you worked on them or not. Therefore, I never want an answer to a question to be: "I need to ask another member of my group because they did that part." You should make sure that you understand the project well enough that you could duplicate it again by yourself (if given enough time).

Cheating

Cheating is a very serious offense. There won't be many opportunities for traditional cheating in this course. However, I do consider not being engaged in your project, and letting others do all the work, a form of cheating in that you are getting something for nothing from the work of others. Therefore, if you find that group dynamics are bringing you toward that position (whether you consciously tried to take advantage of others or it just may look that way), then please come and talk to me as soon as you see this happening so that we can take corrective actions.

Comments to: cse477-webmaster@cs.washington.edu (Last Update: )