CSE/EE 461 Final Review Questions, Part 2
Wetherall, Autumn 2001.
These questions are intended to give you an idea of the kinds of questions you will face on the final. But note, I have not picked them to give carefully balanced coverage of all relevant material, and you should consider them to in addition to reviewing the material probed by the assigned homework questions.
Sample Multiple Choice
Again, these questions were taken from a prior exam.
7. Quality of Service guarantees cannot be made for a flow or user without:
11. The key benefit of Random Early Detection is that:
12. Circle all that are true. The DNS is a hostname database that is:
13. What is the primary reason that TCP connection establishment exchanges a different initial sequence number (ISN) between the two sides?
14. In a public key cryptography system the secrecy of messages sent from A to B is achieved by:
15. Select the best answer below. Message digests are designed so that the digest value is:
Sample Short Answer
As well as multiple choice questions, the final will contain short answer questions. These Peterson questions give you a good idea of what you will face, except that some are longer/harder than the exam questions will be because of time constraints.
6.9, 6.10, 6.14, 6.18, 6.29, 6.31, 6.43, 6.45