The Instructional Lab
The main instructional lab for our course is CSE 022, in the basement of the
Allen Center. As a registered student in the class, you should have access
to this lab. Contact cardkey@cs if you are
not able to enter the lab with your cardkey.
The computers are Windows 7 workstations. Applications are built using Visual C++, the FLTK UI toolkit, and OpenGL.
Rules for CSE 022
- The machines in CSE 022 are primarily for the use of cse457, cse455,
and cse557 students working on assignments for those courses.
If you are not a graphics student, or not working on the course,
you may use the machines in CSE 022, but must give up
your machine if someone needs it for the course.
- If for some reason, you get hung, mail
support@cs. They will take care
of this for you.
- The lab has copies of course reference material, including textbooks
OpenGL reference texts. These may not leave the lab, and please return
them to the bookshelf when you are done using them.
In addition to the above rules, the Lab Community Committee has created a set of guidelines about general lab use. The main points are:
- Be aware of yourself and your space. Remember that your behaviour affects others.
- The labs are an academic community of which you and your fellow students are citizens.
- We are each responsible for our community's working environment.
- Follow the Golden Rule: Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Please read the complete Lab Usage Guidelines