In the lab
FLTK is already installed and configured in the Graphics Lab and 2nd/3rd
floor labs. The files are located in the directory "d:\local\fltk".
1. Copy FLTK files
- Download FLTK 1.0.11 here. This
version is compatible with all project skeletons.
- Unzip the contents of this archive to C:\Program Files\FLTK.
2. Configure MSVC
- Open MSVC, and click Tools->Options.
- Click the "Directories" tab.
- Change the drop-down to "Include Files"
- Add the item "C:\Program Files\FLTK"
- Change the drop-down to "Library Files"
- Add the item "C:\Program Files\FLTK\LIB"
3. Verify that your project is linking with the correct library
- In MSVC, click Project->Settings...
- Click the "C++" tab.
- Change the "Category" drop-down to "Code Generation".
- If the project configuration is Release, change the "Use run-time library"
drop down to "Multithreaded DLL".
- If the project configuration is Debug, change the "Use run-time library"
drop down to "Debug Multithreaded DLL".
- Click the "Link" tab.
- If the project configuration is Release, make sure that "fltk.lib" (and
not "fltkd.lib") is present in edit box labeled "Object/Library modules".
- If the project configuration is Debug, make sure that "fltkd.lib" (and not
"fltk.lib") is present in edit box labeled "Object/Library modules".
1. Install Mesa
As the first step, you must install MesaGL. You can get the source of MesaGL from
here. To install it,
> gunzip MesaLib-3_0_tar.gz
> tar -xvf MesaLib-3_0_tar
> cd Mesa-3.0
> make linux-386
Serveral minutes later, you will have libMesaGL.a and LibMesaGLU.a in Mesa-3.0/lib and
a directory called GL in Mesa-3.0/include. I usually prefer to copy all these files into
~/local/lib and ~/local/include such that I can access all the libraries without remembering
tons of paths.
2. Install Fltk
Now, we try to make fltk. You can get the source from here.
> gunzip fltk-1_0_9-source_tar.gz
> tar -xvf fltk-1_0_9-source_tar
Create a local directory in you home dir
Open makeinclude file and change the prefix variable to the your local
> make install
> cp fltk-1_0_9/fluid/fluid ~/local/bin
> cp fltk-1_0_9/
That's it. You will have
'fluid' in ~/local/bin,
two directories, FL and Fl, in include
and libfltk.a in lib.
Now everyting is in ~/local, you need to change the value of the variable, $(LOCAL), in Makefile to
NOTE: If you are having trouble still to compile, I provide you with the
zipped libraries (FLTK and MesaGL here). Just try to unzip this
[an error occurred while processing this directive]