CSE 455: Computer Vision
TTH 12:00-1:20, MGH 241
Office: 634 Allen Center, Phone: 206-543-2196, Email:
Office Hours: Tuesday 1:30 in CSE 634 and by appointment
Notes and Assignments
Class Mailing List and Discussion Board
- All emails related to the class are sent through the class
mailing list email@example.com. Subscribe here.
- You can use class discussion board to post messages about the course, homeworks or general computer vision topics.
- Shapiro and Stockman, Computer Vision, Prentice-Hall, 2001.
Original chapters available at this URL
- Binary Machine Vision
- Gray Scale Operations
- Region Segmentation
- Appearance-Based Recognition
- Interest Operators and Applications
- Content-Based Image Retrieval
- 2D Object Recognition
- 3D Reconstruction
- 3D Recognition
- Shape and Applications
- Homework: 60%
- Quizzes (2 take-home quizzes): 40%
Late Homework Policy
Each assignment will have a regular due date and a late due date. Late
homework will be accepted up until the late deadline, but with 10% off per
day. For example, if the late deadline is 2 days past the regular due date
and you hand in the assignment one day late, you lose 10% and if two days
late, you lose 20%.
Student Conduct Code
The Student Conduct Code explains that admission to the University carries with it the presumption that students will practice high standards of professional honesty and integrity (WAC 478-120-020 ). In particular, all work (homework and quizzes) is to be your own individual work. You may discuss programs but NOT copy any code. You may not discuss quizzes.