Guidelines for last-class presentations:
- Presentations will be on the last class.
- Length = 9 minutes with two minutes for questions. Please be sure to
practice your presentation & gauge length
- Powerpoint or PDF Slides (I suggest a max 1 per minute, but number depends on your style, hence a dry run is key)
I assume you will use own laptop to present slides; otherwise 1) let
me know asap and 2) mail me slides (.ppt or .pdf) two hours before the
start of class.
Bring slides on a backup device, eg USB memory.
- Every member should talk for some part of the presentation slot
- Subtopics to cover:
- Aspirations & reality of what you built
- Demo or sample results
- Suprises (What was harder or easier than expected?)
- What did you learn?
- Experiments & validation
- Who did what
Schedule for Presentations
- Named Entity Linking
- /^David Ma.*$/ (Mentor: Mausam): David Mah, David Mailhot
- Monsters&Men (Mentor: Mitchell Koch): Andrew Rogers, Simon Schafer, Eli White.
- Linearly Separable (Mentor: Hannaneh): Jenny Abrahamson, Melissa
- Relation Extraction
- Locations: The Hot Slot Shots (Mentor:Alan Ritter): Jeff Booth,
Alex Cartwell, Tim Plummer
- Time: TeamOne (Mentor: Xiao): Kevin Tang, Hunlan Lin, Justin Lee
- InstaRead Tool Based Approaches: Instant Total Recall (Mentor:
Raphael): Dan Sanderson, Justin McManus, Vikram Kudva, and James Lee
- Distant Supervision:
MDJ (Mentor: Congle Zhang): Stephen Jonany, Michael Hotan,