- The best reference for machine learning (alas it is very expensive, so
you might wish to go to the library or ask me to xerox pages for you):
Machine Learning, T. Mitchell, McGraw-Hill, 1997.
- An overview of machine learning, with a focus on some active areas of
Machine-learning research: Four current directions, T. Dietterich, AI Magazine, 1997.
- Chumki Basu, Haym Hirsh, and William W. Cohen (1998).
Recommendation as Classification:
Using Social and Content-Based Information in Recommendation.
Proceedings of the Fifteenth National Conference on
Artificial Intelligence (AAAI98).
AAAI Press/MIT Press.
- We discussed two approaches to organizing web search results:
- Visualizing weblogs by learning markov models short and medium
length written versions.