End of Quarter Work

General

Each individual knows best what the best use of their time is over the next week. We trust your judgement. At the same time, we urge you to push yourself just a bit more on classwork and other investments in your future than you might feel you want to. That said: For what it's worth, I feel that if you take seriously what is being asked, that you take responsibility for deciding what's best for you and then carry that out, that you should take pride in doing so no matter what your decision is.

Lab 4

Final Exam Activity

Option 1

I have selected three papers from the most recent Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP). SOSP is one of the top research conferences in operating systems. It is very competitive to get a paper accepted to it.

The exercise is:

Here are the papers. I've ordered them from what I guess is least challenging to most challenging. (To see the full paper, click on the big red PDF buttons on the pages these links take you to.)

Option 2

IF you have have created a detailed study gude for this course, you can: The one page limit is not intended to make this almost no work, it's intended to make it hard. You have to distill what you have down to a single page (without using font size tricks). Presumably that will require thinking about all the content and finding some way to express only the most important points.