CSE 451, Spring 2000
Introduction to Operating Systems
Instructor and TAs
- 6/3 - Here are some exams from Berkeley's OS class. Some of them have solutions as well.
- 5/26 - A "good" version of the project is here thanks to the lazy rats of ineptitude.
- 5/26 - Quiz solutions are posted here.
- 5/24 - Don't forget - Quiz Thursday in section.
- 5/24 - HW3 solutions are posted.
- 5/15 - Here is the importance of the readings for chapters 12 and 13.
- 5/14 - I would recommend going to the ACM Intermediate UNIX Tutorial in Sieg 329 on Thursday from 6-7. They will be talking about many things including CVS and GDB.
- 5/13 - Project 3 has been posted.
- 5/11 - Quiz 2 will likely be in section during the 9th week (the 25th). Project 3 will be posted tomorrow and will be due on Friday the 3rd of June.
- 5/11 - Homework 3 has been posted.
- 4/28 - New makefile for your test directory here.
- 4/28 - Quiz solutions are posted here.
- 4/27 - Project 2 has been posted.
- 4/17 - Please read Chapter 7 about deadlocks for this week. And a heads up that next week, there will be a quiz in discussion sections.
- 4/13 - Project proposals are now due Monday April 17th by noon since synchronization hasn't really been covered in lecture yet. The project deadline has also been extended to the 11:59pm on the 23rd.
- 4/10 - Please e-mail me the design reviews by Friday April 14th at noon. Information is here
- 4/7 - Professor Kimura forgot to mention the reading for Monday is chapter 5, and for Wednesday, chapter 6.
- 4/7 - Project 1 has been posted.
- 4/7 - If you can't figure out what problem 4 on homework 2 is asking, do this problem instead: Problem 4 replacement.
- 4/3 - I forgot to post the 1st homework last week. It is relatively simple and you should have no problem finishing it by Wednesday. (It was handed out last week in section.)
- 3/28 - The text for the class is Silberschatz and Galvin, Operating System Concepts, 5th ed. 1998.
- 3/27 - Welcome to CSE 451. Start signing up for the class mailing list after 1am on Tuesday the 28th. Do it in the typical majordomo@cs style (write a message to email@example.com with "subscribe cse451" in the body of the message, without the quotes.)
All lectures are in Microsoft PowerPoint format.
Right now, all homeworks are in word format. Soon I will add PDF and PS versions.
Nachos code and installation instructions.
||10:30 - 11:20
||12:30 - 1:20
||1:30 - 2:20
For comments or questions about the web page, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.