How to Execute a SQL Query
- Step 1. Find a computer in
the Sieg building which has SQL Server installed (most of the undergrad
labs should have SQL Server).
- Step 2. In Windows, goto
Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Query Analyzer.
- Step 3. A Box labelled Connect
to SQL Server should show up.
- In the input box labelled SQL Server, type IISQLSRV
- Select the Use SQL Server authentication option.
- As Login Name type your UWNetID
- As Password type UWNetID
(please read the previous page about changing your password and do so ASAP)
- Press OK
By following the last step, you connected to the SQL Server
machine called ISQL01, using your account.