A variety of useful toolkits have been designed to help support information visualization applications. Some include support for the full visualization pipeline from data to interactive graphics, while others focus only on a subset, typically graphics and interaction.
- Vega-Lite - A high-level visualization grammar that compiles concise specifications to full Vega specifications.
- Leaflet - a popular open-source mapping library
- VTK - A scientific visualization library (C++ with wrappers for other languages)
Other Visualization Tools
Network Analysis Tools
Web Development Tools
Tutorials & Tips
In addition to our workshops, these tutorials could be useful for your projects and future visualization work.
- Mozilla Developer Network
- Syntax alternatives: TypeScript
- Git Tutorials
- Use GitHub's issue tracker, so you can refer to issues in your commit messages using # followed by issue number.
- Working in a team? Use GitHub's Pull Request so you can do code review.
- Using git with command line is generally fast but using SourceTree is easier for reviewing your code before committing or committing a part of your changes and reduce chances that you will run a wrong command (such as push wrong branch to master).
- More Tips