CSE428: Computational Biology Capstone
Catalog Description: Designs and implements a software tool or software analysis for an important problem in computational molecular biology. Prerequisite: CSE 312; CSE 331; CSE 332.Prerequisites: CSE 312; CSE 331; CSE 332.
- This course contributes to the following ABET outcomes:
- (a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- (b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- (c) an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- (d) an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- (e) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- (f) an understanding of professional and ethical responsibiliy
- (g) an ability to communicate effectively
- (h) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- (i) a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- (j) knowledge of contemporary issues
- (k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools
Portions of the CSE428 web may be reprinted or adapted for academic nonprofit purposes, providing the source is accurately quoted and duly creditied. The CSE428 Web: © 1993-2017, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Univerity of Washington. Administrative information on CSE428 (authentication required).