- Course Goals
- Fundamentals of software engineering using a group project as the basic vehicle. Topics covered include the software crisis, managing complexity, requirements specification, architectural and detailed design, testing and analysis, software process, and tools and environments.
- CSE 326 (data structures and algorithms).
- CSE 341 (programming languages).
- Catalog and Time Schedule
- UW Catalog entry and the UW Time Schedule entry for CSE 403.
- Course Format
- The class meets three times a week for lectures and once for section. We will be reading several texts and other papers, and there will be a few small homeworks and larger group projects. There will be a final exam.
- The required textbooks are:
- The recommended textbooks are: