Friday, August 2, 2002
- RMI is now working
- We are waiting to test the first user case.
- All current customer placement is now maintained by the Scheduler
- Threading within the model is now being implemented
- Most of the code for the remaining use cases is implemented.
- where you are w/ respect to the goal:
We are currently 1 day behind (will be 2 days) the class goal of getting the first use case working.
- next week's plan
- We plan to work with the other groups to get the rest of the use cases working.
- We also plan to get threading working.
- We plan to submit more/updated documentation regarding our project. Also, we will (in text, no code) write out what every method does, step-by-step. In this way, other groups will be able to fully understand what our methods do and tell us what they need out of a method.
- est. time
- I can't give an estimated time for finishing code on use cases. It is all dependent on when we can meet with other groups.
- Threading: 8/1
- Documentation: 8/3
Suggestions, Advice, Solicit/Offer help
- It would be helpful if other groups (especially the Scheduler group right now) wrote the same documentation as we plan to do for August 3.
- We need to sit down with groups and code on the same things at the same time so we can synchronize what we are doing.
- We are making good progress. We have just figured out how to convert between a Java type and an SQL type (Date and Timestamp) which we had been worrying about.
- We figured out what the getReport(...) function is going to look like, thanks to input from Hector
- We changed the database schema to match the current state of classes in the project (Customer, Cab, etc.)
- We are having problems thinking up unit tests that can be repeated, since we currently have no way to delete things from the database through functions.
- We are still behind in implementing all of the data storage functions, but since we have the format down now and have resolved most of our earlier problems that shouldn't be too hard of a task to complete. I am uncertain as to the schedules of my team but I would like to work for Tuesday for finishing this.
- Tues 8/6: implement addItem, updateItem functions in data store interface After that point we have no specific plan. We will move to implementing the getAllItem functions.
- Integrating the CabConsole with others.
- Refining architecture so the CabConsole can be used through RMI.
- Make the CabConsole working.
- Find out how RMI is used and implement it so CabConsole can used it.
- Next week work on use cases that use CabConsole.