Course Staff

Get to know your course staff! We're excited to work with you!

Instructor

Eric Fan

ericfan@cs.washington.edu

Hi there! I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering from UW and a master's degree in Computer Science through the Allen School's combined BS/MS program. Outside of teaching, I love to serve at my local church in Issaquah, play badminton, and sing/play worship songs on my guitar and piano. Feel free to reach out about my journey as an Allen School student, my Christian testimony and faith in God, music or hobby interests we may share, or anything else you may want to chat about!

Teaching Assistants

Preston Rivas

privas@cs.washington.edu

I’m currently a fourth-year student and I can’t wait to be your TA for CSE 390B! I grew up in La Conner Washington, which is about an hour north of Seattle, but I was born in San Diego, California. When not doing schoolwork, I enjoy running, hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding and hammocking (if you know any cool spots around UW to hang a hammock let me know!). I’m also a big fan of indie music and especially love listening to Peach Pit. If you find yourself stuck don’t hesitate to reach out for help! I’m always willing to lend a hand, even if it’s something not related to CS/UW!

Amy Cheng

amyc1@cs.washington.edu

Hi, I’m Amy! I am in my third year and I recently finished my Entrepreneurship minor. Also, I am the Vice Chair for GEN1 so I plan social and professional events for the Allen School! In my free time, I enjoy going to concerts, trying new restaurants in Seattle, and watching Korean dramas. You can always reach out as you navigate through UW and life!