The CSE 374 staff is here to help you succeed in this course!

Instructor

Photo of Audrey Seo

Audrey Seo

alseo@cs

Hi, I’m Audrey! I use they/them pronouns. This coming fall, I’ll be a fifth year PhD student in CSE, where I do research on programming languages. Specifically, I study how to ensure the correctness of software. Before coming to UW, I went to Wellesley College, a historically women’s college in Massachusetts, where I double majored in math and CS.

I’ve TA‘d a number of times previously, but this is my first time teaching a course, and I’m super excited! After I complete my PhD, I plan to become a professor at a small liberal arts college. I’m passionate about increasing diversity and inclusion in CS, as well as making programming more accessible to everyone. If there’s ever anything that I can do to make this course more accessible for you, please feel free to let me know! I would love to hear your feedback.

Outside of school, I’m very crafty (some of the hobbies I’ve picked up in the last year include knitting, tatting (not tattooing), resin dice casting, sewing, and weaving) and love listening to audiobooks. I’m also a very proud bike commuter and am enjoying the beautiful Seattle summer!

Please reach out to me by email if you have any questions about this course, getting into CS research, or just want to chat!

Teaching Assistants

Photo of Alex Luo

Alex Luo

yluo6@cs

Hi everyone, my name is Alex! I’m a senior in CS & HCDE, and this will be my 6th quarter TAing CSE 374. Outside of school, I like to play video games, make coffee, and experiment with (old & new) gadgets.

Photo of Evan Zhao

Evan Zhao

hzhao5@cs

My name is Evan Zhao. I am a senior studying computer science here at UW. Outside of school, I like hiking and photographing. Feel free to ask me anything during my office hours.

Photo of Milo Qin

Milo Qin

minghq@cs

Hi everyone! My name is Milo Qin, and I am a senior student majoring in CS and ACMS. Outside of school, I am also a big fan of “CS”. Yes, Counter-Strike is my favorite game ever! I look forward to seeing you in my office hours!