WHERE DID YOU GROW UP? WHAT WAS YOUR ACADEMIC PATH?
I grew up in Gig Harbor, which is a small town about an hour southwest of Seattle.
Here it is on a map !
I came to UW to study Bioengineering but found CSE to be much more interesting. I have always been fascinated by computers and learning more and more about the inner workings of them has been very rewarding so far. I am finally going to take OS fall quarter which I am pretty excited about. So much so that I started looking at the OS lecture slides the night before my 333 final instead of studying for it (Sorry Justin). Another interesting tidbit: I have had Justin as a professor, boss, or both for every quarter I have spent in the UW CSE department.
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR HOBBIES, TALENTS, AND SKILLS?
Talents and Skills
- Programming with Processing
- Making horribly styled, frameworkless websites
- Ordering useless things from Amazon
- Collecting cool stickers
- Playing board/video games with friends
HAVE YOU DONE OR EXPERIENCED ANYTHING REMARKABLE OR MEMORABLE?
- I am almost Diamond in Rocket League which isn't that impressive if you play Rocket League and is even less impressive if you don't
- I can do voluntary nystagmus
- I can juggle
- Making things in Processing
I had the opportunity to zipline above the Monte Verde Rainforest in Costa Rica which was prety cool.
I just recently got back from a hiking trip in Zion National Park with my siblings which was also pretty cool.
In high school I was part of a 4 person team that won 2nd place in the Washington State Knowledge Bowl tournament, I placed 5th for my team (and nearly dead last overall, 17:17) at the 3A State Cross Country Invitational and I won a 1st place award in the Washington State High School Radio Awards for "Best Individual Newscast" but I'm pretty sure they give you an award for just sending in a submission.
WHAT COMMITMENTS WILL BE CONSUMING YOUR CYCLES THIS QUARTER?
- Interning full time at a software company in Bellevue
- TAing this course!
- Adding more features to this staff bio
- Making dumb things in Processing (Have I mentioned I love Processing?)