Announcements

Weekly Schedule

Course Staff

(Click our faces!)
Staff Mini-Bio: Cosmo Wang
WHERE DID YOU GROW UP? WHAT WAS YOUR ACADEMIC PATH?
- I grew up in a small town in China and moved to the Seattle area five years ago.
- I spent my first year at UW trying to become a math major but a friend of mine convinced me that computer science is more interesting. So I had my first exposure to computer science in my sophomore year. After several years of work, now I'm a graduate student in the BS/MS program.

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR HOBBIES, TALENTS, AND SKILLS?
- I love Japanese anime and video games. I like Monster Hunter and THE IDOLM@STER MILLION LIVE series. I also enjoy hiking and traveling (pre-COVID of course).
- I speak Chinese and English, can understand conversational Japanese (but can't speak), and can read a decent amount of German.
- Learning to speak Japanese is on my to-do list!

HAVE YOU DONE OR EXPERIENCED ANYTHING REMARKABLE OR MEMORABLE?
- I studied abroad in Vienna during spring quarter of my freshman year and had one of the best times of my life! Austria is such fantastic place to travel and live in.

WHAT COMMITMENTS WILL BE CONSUMING YOUR CYCLES THIS QUARTER?
- Since this will be my first quauter instructing a course, I will spend most of my time trying to do me best to help you all have a great experience this quarter.

Cosmo Wang

he/him
Instructor
yw259@cs.uw.edu
Lecture A
Staff Mini-Bio: Allie
- I grew up in Washington! I have lived here for most of my life, but I actually moved around a lot before we moved here. Now, I live in Bellevue with my husband, daughter, and our black cat (named Zechs, after the Gundam character).

- I love playing games, both board and video. I am an avid reader, mostly sci-fi and fantasy, though I have less time to read for fun during school. I also knit and crochet! Every March, I participate in a speed sock knitting competition called Sock Madness.

- Getting married and having my wonderful daughter are probably the most remarkable and memorable experiences of my life so far.

- In addition to TAing this course, I'm taking CSE 344, MATH 318, and HSTCMP 249. And parenting my 4-year-old! So it should be a busy and exciting summer :D

Allie Pfleger

she/her
TA
pflegera@cs.uw.edu
Section AB
Staff Mini-Bio: John
I mostly grew up by Washington coast and transfered to UW CSE (direct admit) from Grays Harbor College.

I enjoy programming, video games, building/fixing electronics, robotics (I am a member of Husky Robotics) and when the weather is nice, I like walking outdoors and spending time in the park. I am also (mostly) conversationaly fluent in the German language.

Its always hard to pick just one memorable thing. But I went to Utah in 2019 with my robotics team to compete in University Rover Challenge. That was some of the most fun I've had since being at UW.

No real commitments per se. I'll probably spend a lot of time enjoying the weather, caring for me and my Dad's 2 cats, working on hobby projects or playing video games.

Arpad (John) Depaszthory

he/him
TA
kf7pcl@cs.uw.edu
Section AA
Staff Mini-Bio: Dylan Hartono
- I grew up in Lynnwood, Washington and went to Edmonds-Woodway High School! Now, I am a sophomore studying CS!

- I run long distance! Let me know if you ever want to run in the Seattle area :)

- I have watched every studio ghibli movie!

- I am the secretary for THE KOMPANY, a k-pop dance club at UW!
- Being your TA!

Dylan Hartono

he/him
TA
hdylan1@cs.uw.edu
Section AB
Staff Mini-Bio: Joyce (@cephcyn)
I've lived in the Pacific Northwest almost all my life. I entered UW thinking computer science and bioinformatics was cool, and now I'm a 5th year Master's student doing research in human-computer interaction and AI!

- Coming up with ridiculously stupid groundbreaking and original project ideas... for research, hackathons, or otherwise.
- I also sew plushies, play video games (a sample of recs: Exapunks, Risk of Rain 2, The Witness), and occasionally transcribe sheet music.

- Probably! (:

- Helping make 333 as great of a class as possible!

Joyce Zhou

they/them
TA
jyzhou15@cs.uw.edu
Staff Mini-Bio: Kyrie
I am a born and raised Pacific Northwest girl. Originally I wanted to study sports medicine but now I am pursuing a career in CS Education! I will be starting my senior year in Autumn.

- I love hiking, camping, rocking climbing, and basically any other outdoor activity. If it gets me out of the house, I'm there.
- I've been listening to a lot of narrative podcasts and audiobooks.
- I can make pretzels.

I've run up a mountain twice. It was as awful as you're probably thinking, but the view at the top was definitely worth it.

- I'm not taking summer classes so my only commitment is TAing for all you lovely people!

Kyrie Dowling

she/her
TA
kyrdo@cs.uw.edu
Section AA

Asking Questions & Getting Help

It is very important to us that you succeed in CSE 333! Outside of lectures and sections, there are several ways to ask questions or discuss course issues:
  1. Visit office hours! This quarter we're using this Google Sheet as a virtual queue for office hours. Please make sure you put yourself before visting office hours. In addition, if you need extra time or need to discuss something in private, feel free to email and/or make an appointment (details below).
  2. Request a 1-on-1 (see 1-on-1 request form here)! If you feel like you need extra time, can't make it to OH, or want to discuss something privately, please feel free to request a 1-on-1 from the staff!
  3. Make a public post about course content on the , where they benefit the whole class. This also allows other students to answer your question so can receive a faster response. This is the best way of asking questions about class-related topics.
  4. Make a private post to just the course staff on the with any questions or issues you would prefer to discuss privately. While you can email staff members individually when that makes sense, contacting the whole staff via the ed discussion board is generally preferred to get a faster response and to let the whole staff see what issues students are having.
  5. Send to the course staff. The instructor will try to address the issue and share it with others only as appropriate, but will not have a way to reply to you without addressing the whole class.