Hannah C. Tang (she/her): hctang@cs
Course Instructor
Background: I've spent my entire life in the Seattle area. CSE 142 was the first time I programmed!
Conversation Starter: Ask me for "early days" stories from any of the companies I've worked for.
Dao Yi: daoyee@cs
Teaching Assistant
Background: As a far east traveler, my interest in gameplay programming introduced me into CS and pushed me towards learning skills to create practical systems.
Conversation Starter: Ask anything about game design and black magic!
Farrell Fileas: ffileas@uw
Teaching Assistant
Background: I was born in a city called Bandung, near the capital city of Indonesia and grew up in the capital city Jakarta. I came to Seattle to pursue my education in community college for 2 years before I transferred to UW in 2018. I was first exposed to CSE in community college!
Conversation Starter: Ask me to show you a magic trick (assuming if I have a deck of cards with me).
Lukas Joswiak: ljoswiak@cs
Teaching Assistant
Background: I grew up in Seattle, went through AP CS in high school, and am currently in the combined BS/MS program.
Conversation Starter: Ask me about my research!
Nathan Lipiarski: lipian@cs
Teaching Assistant
Background: I grew up in the Philadelphia area, but came here to study at the UW. I got into programming in high school when I took an intro to programming course and made a simple cookie clicker clone. One thing led to another and now I'm a CS major.
Conversation Starter: Ask me about my my time working at a boy scout camp (it was wild).
Renshu Gu: renshugu@uw
Teaching Assistant
Background: I'm from China, and I came to Seattle for a PhD in computer vision and video analytics.
Conversation Starter: I'm a Harry Potter fan.
Travis McGaha: tqmcgaha@cs
Teaching Assistant
Background: I grew up in Houston and Tampa till I came to UW. While in Tampa, I was first exposed to programming and was initially turned away. When I came to UW and tried CSE 142, I knew CSE was what I wanted to do!
Conversation Starter: Ask me about music, the book I am reading, or really anything!
Yibo Cao: cyb0124@cs
Teaching Assistant
Background: I grew up in China and was a self-taught C++ programmer. Now I'm studying in the combined BS/MS program.
Conversation Starter: Ask me anything about audio signal processing for music!
Yifan Xu: xuyf@cs
Teaching Assistant
Background: I was raised in China and have studied at UW CS major for three years.
Conversation Starter: I'd love to hear about a book you recently read.
Yifan Bai: yfbai@cs
Teaching Assistant
Background: I came to US for college. I had some robotics activities in high school, but decided to to do CS after taking CSE 142. I applied for the major 3 times before finally getting in! Before being admitted to Allen School, I had a great time in the EE department :)
Conversation Starter: Ask me what I did this summer.