* Section 6 -- Compiling C++ with Cody - No fancy slides today... - This week has been busy :-( - *Fancy text file instead!* - Quick check: - _How'd the midterm go?_ - _How's the homework going?_ - _How have the exercises gone?_ * Today's Task - The Code: http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/codys/sec6/ - BuggyMain.cc - Point3D.cc - Point3D.h - Triple.h - Once again... You need to help me *fix my horribly buggy!* - I'm sure it should work... - *I just can't compile the blasted thing!* - Whoa is me... :-( - *Your Job:* - Fix all the compiler errors/warnings _on the given handouts._ - *MAKE SURE TO TURN IN YOUR HANDOUT WITH YOUR FIXES* - Use the g++ output to guide you to the mistakes. - `g++ -Wall -std=c++0x Point3D.cc BuggyMain.cc -o Buggy` - You may work with partners. - Write both of your names down on the handout! - Suggestion: Start by fixing the compilation of Point3D.cc - *Your Grade:* - 2/3 for turning in that sheet with names on it. - That last point will be determined by the "effort" on the page. - Basically, I'll see how far the section got on average and make sure you weren't way off mark. - *My Job:* - Give you a little experience of the utter frustration that can occur with C++ compiler errors. - Especially when using templates... - Help you whittle down that frustration by showing examples of errors, explanations for them, and their corresponding fixes. - Do that grading bit above... :-/