Staff

The entire course staff may be reached by Privately Posting on Ed or over email at cse332-staff. For sensitive personal questions (DRS, extenuating circumstances, etc.), please feel free to write to the instructor directly.

Ruth

Ruth Anderson she/her instructor

Email: rea

I grew up in North Carolina and did my PhD here in the Allen School. I worked in Programming Languages, Compilers, and Parallel Computing before doing my PhD in Educational Technology & Pen Computing. I also taught CS at the University of Virginia for 5 years. I've worked a bit in applying Computing to problems in the Developing World but mostly these days my research is in Computer Science Education. Ask me about the CS Education seminar CSE590E. I love to get outdoors whenever I can: running, hiking, backpacking.

Aditi

Aditi Joshi she/her AA

Email: ajoshi14

Hi! My name is Aditi and I’m a third-year student majoring in CS, minoring in Environmental Studies. I am excited for this quarter with you all since this is my first time TA’ing for CSE 332! Outside of CS, I enjoy hiking, watching tv-shows, and playing sports. Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Alena

Alena Dickmann she/her AA

Email: adickm

Hi everyone! I'm a senior majoring in CS with a minor in Geography. In my spare time I like playing the ukulele, taking care of my plants, and playing video games! Excited meet you all :)

Allyson

Allyson Mangus she/her AB

Email: ajmangus

Hi! I'm a second-year CS major and second-time TA from Renton, WA. In my free time, I enjoy reading, sketching, and drinking coffee. By number of hours per year, I probably spend the most time listening to music and being sunburned.

Amanda

Amanda Yuan she/her AG

Email: yuanama9

Hi, I'm Amanda. I'm a third year CS student and this will be my third time TA-ing for CSE 332. I like beanbag chairs and large hair claws. Best of luck this quarter!

Ariel

Ariel Fu she/her BC

Email: arielfu

Hi! I am Ariel, and I'm excited to be TA this quarter! CSE 332 was one of the first classes I took at UW, and I loved it! I am really happy that I get to come back and continue actively engaging in the class as a TA. I am originally from Madison, Wisconsin, and I love how warm it is in Seattle during the winters. Outside of school, I love trying new bubble tea shops, eating at ramen shops with my friends and family, and reading whenever I get the chance. (I am taking any & all book recs!!) This is my first quarter TA-ing, and I am excited to learn & grow with you all :)

Arya

Arya Krisna GJ he/him AE BB

Email: agk8

Hi everyone! I'm Arya and I'm from Bangalore, India. CSE 332 is the most interesting 300-level CS course I've taken yet and I am very excited to TA this course again. I am an avid sports fan; pretty much watch everything football (soccer) to NBA to F1. I am a big music person too, so definitely drop any suggestions. Feel free to reach out about recruiting, technical interview prep, general CS advice, or literally anything random :)

Dara

Dara Stotland she/her AB

Email: dstot

Hi! My name is Dara and I am a third year student from Edmonds, WA. I enjoy rock climbing, hiking, and cooking in my free time. I am also huge fan of F1. I really enjoyed 332 and I'm excited to be one of your TAs this quarter. Feel free to reach out about anything!

Fatimah

Fatimah Shabbir she/her AG

Email: fatimah7

Hi! My name is Fatimah and I’m a senior from Redmond majoring in CS and minoring in entrepreneurship. Outside of school I love cooking, traveling, drinking coffee, and watching tiktoks :) CSE 332 is one of my favorite classes and I’m so excited to be TAing for it this quarter! I’m super excited to get to know everyone and I hope you enjoy this course!

Hans

Hans Easton he/him AD

Email: hans00

Hello, my name is Hans! I grew up in Shanghai and moved to Seattle 7 years ago. I just started my BS/MS program, and this is my fifth time TAing for this course! This quarter, I am taking an intro to maching learning class as well as a big data class. Feel free to chat with me about your projects, course material, internship hunting tips, and much more. My office hour is on Wednesday nights from 5:30 to 7:30pm - on CSE1 2nd floor. Come through!

Jessica

Jessica Burroughs she/her BC

Email: jessib20

Hi! I'm a junior studying CS. Outside of studying, I love reading manga, listening to music, and doodling. Excited to meet you all!

Julia

Julia Wang she/her BA

Email: julialwa

Hey friends! I'm Julia, a fourth-year student studying CS :-) I've TAed quite a few courses (333, 344, 351, 484) in my time here and am looking forward to working with you in 332! I am always open to chat about anything and everything, so stop on by and let's chat.

Kevin

Kevin Wang he/him AF

Email: kwang03

Hi! I'm Kevin and I am a senior majoring in Computer Science. This is my first quarter TAing and am very excited for it! In my free time, I like watching and playing sports especially basketball and lifting. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have!

May

May Wang she/her BA

Email: maywangg

Hi, I’m May! I’m a fourth-year studying CS, and I have previously been a CSE 14X TA for 9 quarters. I'm from Alberta, Canada, and in my free time, I love listening to music, watching TV shows, and hanging out with my pets. I’m excited to TA 332 this quarter!

Mohamed

Mohamed Awadalla he/him AC

Email: awadalla

Hi! I'm Mohamed, a second-year CS student. When I'm not coding, I love playing squash, playing soccer, and watching Formula1. I'm super excited to meet everyone this quarter! Feel free to chat about anything with me!

Neel

Neel Jog he/him AF

Email: njog02

Hey everyone! My name is Neel and I'm a third-year student majoring in computer science. This is my fifth-quarter as a TA, and my second time TAing 332 so super excited! Beyond TAing, I'm a big sports fan and I love watching and playing soccer (FC Barcelona/Messi), tennis (RF all the way), and cricket. I also love reading books and playing video games. Please feel free to drop by to chat about literally anything :)

Nile

Nile Camai he/him AE

Email: nilec

Hi everyone! My name is Nile and I've lived in the Seattle area my whole life. Currently, I'm a third-year CS student and third-time TA for CSE 332. Some of my hobbies include cooking, bouldering, and gaming. I've also dabbled in custom mechanical keyboards (very $$$ 😳). Looking forward to a fun quarter!

Rahul

Rahul Misal he/him AC

Email: rmisal

Hi everyone! My name is Rahul. I am a Senior CS major from Bellevue. This will be my fifth time TA'ing this class. Other than teaching and CS, I love cooking, as well as video games and rock climbing.

Sangwon

Sangwon Kim she/her AD

Email: swkim23

Hi! My name is Sangwon, and I'm a senior studying Computer Science. This is my first time TAing CSE 332, and I've TAed CSE 311 before this. In my free time, I love exploring new cafes around the ave and running to Gas Works or Green Lake for sunset. I'm excited to meet you all :)

Winston

Winston Jodjana he/him BF

Email: winj

Hey all! I'm originally from Indonesia but came to UW for my undergrad (and now Master's). I'm currently a BS/MS student and I've been TAing this course since 20su, mainly working on the infrastructure of the course. This will be my first time doing section (in a long time) so super excited but also nervous (bear with me as I start get used to things again).

Aside from school, my biggest hobby is playing video games and reading/watching manga/anime. Recently, I've been playing a lot of FF14.

Youssef

Youssef Ben Taleb he/him BB

Email: yben

Hello everyone! My name is Youssef and I am a senior and incoming BS/MS student. I will be one of your TAs this quarter! In my free time, I like to play video games, watch anime, and hang out with friends. Let me know of any game recommendations you have! And good luck on your Winter quarter :)