- Slides from Kendra's talk: (PDF) (PPT). Robbie was there and took notes; feel fre to email him if you have questions.
- Kendra went through every step of interviewing from you making your resume to getting a job offer.
- One of the big pieces of advice is to practice -- technical interviewing is a skill you can improve.
- Here is a list of interview questions used in CSE 373 in previous quarters. Grabbing a friend and a whiteboard and interviewing each other is great practice.
- You can find more questions online, or in books like Cracking The Coding Interview. Copies of the book are available at UW libraries.
- Kendra mentioned multiple types of interview questions. For the type where you're actually asked to write code, there are many approaches. Kendra's talk mentions some strategies. One of Robbie's favorites is
TEBOW-IT, a reference to America's favorite(?)
football baseball player.
- Spring quarter's 373 had a lecture on coding questions in tech interviews (via the TEBOW-IT strategy), which you can view here.