[Cse321] Review session for final

From: Venkatesan Guruswami (venkat@cs.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 17:41:07 PDT

    As per few requests, we are going to convert tomorrow's TA sections into
    sort of a review session for the final. The agenda will be to discuss a
    few problems from the collection of sample problems posted on the course
    webpage, and use that to clear up any basic doubts that may exist on
    probability, counting, relations, induction, and graphs. We will _not_
    have a review session on Sunday.

    On PS8, for problem 3 on counting paths, what I had intended was to
    count simple paths of the specified lengths where no edge or vertex is
    repeated. If you have already solved the problem and counted all
    "general" paths using the matrix powering method that is okay.

    If you are couting simple paths, then it is easier to count these (as
    they are fewer of them) if you use the definition I gave in class where
    no vertex or edge can be repeated (as was pointed out in class, the book
    seems to only require the edges to be distinct and allows for repetition
    of vertices). However, if you have already counted simple paths as per
    the book's weird definiton, then that is okay too, though try to clearly
    state that you are using that
    definition. I apologize for this confusion.

    Venkat